Thursday, January 05, 2006

What now?

Today I begin a new chapter in my life. After five years of reading, writing, researching, studying, and praying, I have completed the BA/BEd program at UNBSJ. It has been an interesting journey and one I wouldn't trade for the world.

As I sit in front of my computer I wonder what is in store for me. One can plan all they like but life has a funny way of turning those plans around. When I was 18 and finishing high school all I wanted to do was go to work. University was something rich kids did, not me. My teachers had tried to convince me to continue my education but I was a teenager and knew it all. I wanted the immediate satisfaction of a pay cheque, not the long term commitment of university. Now, twenty-nine years later, I am starting all over again and wondering what is waiting for me down the road. Will I find the job I have been hoping for? Is this the right direction to go? Can dreams really come true?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?